HUPD : How Are We Doing?
- HUPD Home
- A Message From Chief Glover
- Crime Alerts
- Crime Prevention
- Pirate Notification System (PNS)
- Traffic Administration
- Crime Statistics
- Employment Opportunities
- Fire Safety
- Michael H. Minger Foundation
- How Are We Doing?
- Submit an Anonymous Tip
- Policy on Sexual Harassment and Misconduct
- Virginia State Police
Sex Offender Registry
- Annual Security Report (ASR)
The Hampton University Police Department (HUPD) wants to hear from you. What do we do well? What can we improve? If you have any suggestions, please submit a comment here.
How Do I Commend a Staff Member?
If you feel that one of our staff has performed his or her duties in a particularly courteous, helpful or competent manner, we encourage you to express your appreciation in a number of ways.
- Contact any supervisor (in person or by telephone) at Police Headquarters
- Write a letter to the individual, the individual's supervisor, or to:
- Chief David Glover
Hampton University Police Department
607 Cemetery Road
Hampton, VA 23668
- Chief David Glover
If it's an officer be sure to obtain the officer's name and badge number if possible.
Filing a Complaint
It is important that the Hampton University community have confidence in their police department. To this end, the following procedures are in place to resolve allegations of misconduct involving members of the Department. If you wish to file a complaint against an employee, please do the following:
- If the issue is minor in nature, please contact the employee's supervisor to discuss your concerns. Dial 727-5300 to request a call back from the respective supervisor.
- If the complaint is more serious in nature, and after due consideration you believe that your complaint is justified, then you may complete the following Citizen Complaint Form. After providing the appropriate information, you will be contacted by someone from the Office of the Chief of Police. You may also file a complaint in person by responding to the Office of the Chief of Police or by obtaining a complaint form from any supervisor.
- Once a formal complaint is opened, you will receive a copy of your complaint form. After the allegation has been thoroughly investigated you will be notified in writing of the results of the investigation.
If you have questions concerning this process you may either: