HUPD : Crime Alert
- HUPD Home
- A Message From Chief Glover
- Crime Alerts
- Crime Prevention
- Pirate Notification System (PNS)
- Traffic Administration
- Crime Statistics
- Employment Opportunities
- Fire Safety
- Michael H. Minger Foundation
- How Are We Doing?
- Submit an Anonymous Tip
- Policy on Sexual Harassment and Misconduct
- Virginia State Police
Sex Offender Registry
- Annual Security Report (ASR)
Stabbing Thursday, August 13, 2015
On August 13, 2015, at approximately 2:41 a.m., the Hampton Police Department notified Hampton University Police Department of a disorderly person in the area of 93A Mariner's Cove Rd of the Hampton Harbors Apartments that shortly turned into a domestic stabbing. The victim was taken to a nearby hospital and the suspect is reported being taken into custody by Hampton Police, and later charged with drunk in public and aggravated assault. The victims' wounds were considered non-life threatening and the victim was treated and released from a nearby hospital the same day. The knife used in the incident was recovered and tagged into evidence by Hampton Police Officers. Details of this incident can be found on the Hampton Police file report (CFS #2015-022577).
*Send anonymous tips via: https://www.tipsubmit.com/WebTips.aspx?AgencyID=1087
Property Safety Tips
- Secure your doors prior to exiting your room.
- Establish a habit of locking your room door even when in the room.
- Mark electronic/ personal items with your student id number; avoid using your ssn.
- Avoid loaning your room key to friends/ roommate.
- Never loan your student ID to another student.
- Never leave your items unattended.
- Email your electronic serial numbers to yourself.
- Send tips anonymously via TipSubmit.
Traffic Administration Office:
University Police Department:
University Police may be contacted 24hrs a day.