HUPD : Crime Alert
- HUPD Home
- A Message From Chief Glover
- Crime Alerts
- Crime Prevention
- Pirate Notification System (PNS)
- Traffic Administration
- Crime Statistics
- Employment Opportunities
- Fire Safety
- Michael H. Minger Foundation
- How Are We Doing?
- Submit an Anonymous Tip
- Policy on Sexual Harassment and Misconduct
- Virginia State Police
Sex Offender Registry
- Annual Security Report (ASR)
Robbery Saturday, February 20, 2016
On February 20, 2016, at approximately 3:19 a.m., three unidentified armed subjects, wearing hoodies and masks, gained entry into a Hampton Harbor apartment by knocking on the door. Once inside, the victims were ordered lay down on the floor. The armed subjects took several personal items from the victims and fled on-foot in an undisclosed direction. Officers from the Hampton Police Division and Hampton University Police Department canvassed the area but were unsuccessful at locating the suspects or any witnesses. This incident is currently being investigated by the Hampton Police Division. There victims were not physically harmed during this incident.
Caution: Subjects should be considered armed and dangerous. DO NOT attempt to apprehend or approach. If you have any information that would aid in the investigation and arrests of these subjects, please call the HU Police Department immediately: (757) 727-5300/5259.
*Send anonymous tips via: https://www.tipsubmit.com/WebTips.aspx?AgencyID=1087
Property Safety Tips
- Secure your doors prior to exiting your room.
- Establish a habit of locking your room door even when in the room.
- Mark electronic/ personal items with your student id number; avoid using your ssn.
- Avoid loaning your room key to friends/ roommate.
- Never loan your student ID to another student.
- Never leave your items unattended.
- Email your electronic serial numbers to yourself.
- Send tips anonymously via TipSubmit.
Traffic Administration Office:
University Police Department:
University Police may be contacted 24hrs a day.