HUPD : Crime Alert
- HUPD Home
- A Message From Chief Glover
- Crime Alerts
- Crime Prevention
- Pirate Notification System (PNS)
- Traffic Administration
- Crime Statistics
- Employment Opportunities
- Fire Safety
- Michael H. Minger Foundation
- How Are We Doing?
- Submit an Anonymous Tip
- Policy on Sexual Harassment and Misconduct
- Virginia State Police
Sex Offender Registry
- Annual Security Report (ASR)
Robbery Monday, July 6, 2015
On July 6, 2015, at approximately 7:35pm, an armed robbery occurred on Mariner's Cove Road in the Hampton Harbors Apartments Complex. Two subjects entered an occupied parked vehicle, displayed handguns, and demanded money and other property from the vehicle owner. Two handguns and approximately $1300.00 U.S. currency was taken from the victim. Both subjects exited the vehicle and fled on foot in the direction of buildings 45/47 Mariner's Cove Road.
Suspect #1 is described as a black male, approximately 5' 10", short dreadlock hairstyle, last seen wearing a black button-up shirt, and goes by the name "Munchie Montana."
Suspect #2 is described as a black male, approximately 5'10" tall, and goes by the Jaemon Gatling (DOB: 4/28/1993).
Caution: Both subjects should be considered armed and dangerous. DO NOT attempt to apprehend or approach. If seen, or information of their whereabouts is known, please call the HU Police Department immediately: (757) 727-5300/5259.
*Send anonymous tips via: https://www.tipsubmit.com/WebTips.aspx?AgencyID=1087
Property Safety Tips
- Secure your doors prior to exiting your room.
- Establish a habit of locking your room door even when in the room.
- Mark electronic/ personal items with your student id number; avoid using your ssn.
- Avoid loaning your room key to friends/ roommate.
- Never loan your student ID to another student.
- Never leave your items unattended.
- Email your electronic serial numbers to yourself.
- Send tips anonymously via TipSubmit.
Traffic Administration Office:
University Police Department:
University Police may be contacted 24hrs a day.